Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cake & me!!


There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

I entered the kitchen and found my mom decorating a birthday cake for my sis.

"Mom, let me try, I can write on it in a special way"

And I tried and it worked and whenever my mom wanted to write on the cake, she called me to write the birthday wish with the whipping cream…

"mom, let me try to decorate it, I have a lot of ideas and can get more from the internet"

I tried and it worked and after several times,

"Mom, how can I bake a cake?"

So she gave me the recipe and I wrote it so that I don’t miss a step another time and day after day I became the one who bakes and decorates the cake for any occasion.

I enjoyed this more than anything else, I used to enter the kitchen, close the door and spend my time baking and decorating..

My passion to bake cake was not as that of decorating it because I felt that I can design the way I want and don't have to stick to a specific recipe. I search the net and became interested in everything related to desserts and cakes… started this thing 2 years ago and still enjoying it and still wishing to learn more dessert resipes…

One of the comments my biology instructor once gave to me when he saw the album on facebook was "I have one question for you. Why are you studying biology when you have such passion and talent for making amazing cakes? You should go to culinary school and open your own cake and pastry shop. You would be doing what you like and be making a killing.""

And my answer was "Dr I recognised that I have this talent and passion after I joined the uni and began studying biology but I guess it's never too late if i want to join a culinary school,,, maybe 1 day..:) Thanks!"

I wish to join a culinary school one day, just because I do love what I enjoy doing :)

Have a look on this album and give me your opinion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers